Consumer Complaints Statistics
|Figure 4 shows consumer complaints received by TATT during the period October 1st 2011 to September 30th 2012
Section 18 (1) (m) of the Telecommunications Act gives the Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago the power to:
Investigate complaints by users, operators of telecommunications networks, providers of telecommunications and broadcasting services or other persons arising out of the operation of a public telecommunications network, or the provision of a telecommunications service or broadcasting service, in respect of rates, billings and services provided generally and to facilitate relief where necessary.
Consumers of telecommunications and subscription broadcasting services who are dissatisfied with the outcome of complaints lodged with their service providers may lodge their complaints through TATT's Consumer Complaint process. The services referred to are:
- Fixed-line telephone
- Mobile telephone
- Internet (Dial up and Broadband)
- Cable television (non-content related complaints)
- Satellite television (non-content related complaints)
- Data services (e.g. private or leased line services)
Complaints may be made to TATT by the following means:
- via its toll free number 800-TATT
- by completing, signing and submitting a consumer complaint form via fax, post, email or by hand
- via letter or email.
- via TATT's website